Institutional Support and Policy Development
Programme activities in addressing RNR institutions and policy issues pertaining to horticulture and livestock with a focus on vegetable and dairy value chains would lead to two outputs to build strong Agricultural Institutions and sound Policies for Improved and Resilient Agricultural and Marketing Practices.
- Strong value chain and marketing knowledge and communication by:
- strengthening Department of Agricultural Marketing and Cooperatives (DAMC)’s market information system;
- upgrading curriculum of RNR training and education institutes;
- Climate change resilience and value chain development lessons mainstreamed in agricultural policies and sector strategies through:
- participatory policy development and monitoring;
- mainstreaming climate resilience and value chain development lessons in agricultural policies; and
- developing a regulatory framework conducive for private sector development and Public Private Partnership.