Value Chain Development and Marketing
Programme activities would contribute to three outputs to develop value chains and marketing infrastructure to commercialize smallholder agriculture:
- Resilient vegetable and dairy value chains developed:
- by designing and implementing a strategy and business plan for enterprise development
- Agricultural commercialization and enterprise development strengthened through:
- support for agriculture enterprise development by building organization and business capacities of farmers’ groups, cooperatives and individual entrepreneurs, particularly the youth;
- facilitation of access to institutional finance;
- social inclusion in producer groups;
- support for market-linked production; and
- development of multi-stakeholder platforms and networks to share opportunities and address bottlenecks.
- Development of community-driven market infrastructure by:
- planning, design, and installation of value chain infrastructure for dairy and vegetable value chains, including 90 milk collection sheds, 24 milk collection centers with chillers and 4 milk processing units;
- providing investments for vegetable value chain infrastructure; and
- providing investments for dairy value chain infrastructure.