Virtual Writeshop for CARLEP Begins
Documentation plays a vital role in knowledge Management and dissemination as well as informing policy makers in decision making. Documenting and sharing information regarding new practices innovations, accomplishments, and the impact of our work on the people has been a challenge for many implementers. This has resulted in poor documentation and submission of field updates, stories and reports. To address this issue, a virtual writeshop- a participatory, intensive workshop with the goal of producing written output such as case stories, articles, and reports has been organized starting 12th September 2022 in collaboration with IFAD Communication Division.
A total of 23 participants, including extension agents for agriculture and livestock, staff from regional offices (ARDC, RAMCO, RLDC), SJI, and OPM, are attending the writeshop.
- To develop writing skills and strategies (article, case stories/studies, report writing)
- To lead the participants through the steps of the writing process for proper documentation
- To improve self-editing techniques to correct and revise compositions
- To produce written outputs such as case stories, articles, reports
Expected Output from the Write-shop
- Compile all the Case stories, success stories, stories of impact and articles, and produce a booklet for knowledge dissemination.
- Use skills and knowledge to produce synthesized regional case studies, reports, article hereafter.
- Take home ideas and skills of how to effectively use several writing process skills and strategies for written documentation
The writeshop is expected to end on September 21, 2022.
Reported By: Chhimi Lhamo, GKMO, OPM